There are lots of things you can do to stay healthy and safe in school.
- Talk to people if you have a problem – Friends, teachers and tutors will always help.
- Join in things! Try to make the most of Enrichment and after-school clubs and activities.
- Always wear the correct uniform at all times and safety equipment when in practical lessons (this includes items of jewellery)
- Does it annoy you when people drop litter? Why not be a good citizen and go and pick it up!
- Take responsibility for your own behaviour - and also by speaking out when the rights or safety of others are threatened.
- If you see anything dangerous please report it to someone.
The School Nurse is also here for you. She will answer any questions and help however she can. For more details click here.
Staying Safe Online
Here is some simple advice you should follow when using the Internet:
- Never tell people your personal details such as your address, telephone number, the name or location of your school, or your parents’ names.
- Never accept someone as a friend if you don’t know them.
- Never agree to meet up with people that you have met on the Internet.
- Never feel pressure into doing things that you don’t want to do.
- Remember, if in doubt, ask your parents for their advice.
- To find out more, please visit the CEOP website, which you can find at: www.thinkuknow.co.uk/11_16/
To find out about courses in your area to help with safety online for you and your family, please click on the link opposite for more details.